The Cittadella Administration Office is responsible for the management and upkeep of Cittadella. The Office manages the Cittadella Visitors’ Centre, which offers an audio-visual interpretation experience to the visitors. The mission of this office is to conserve and restore this historic monument whilst offering visitors a unique experience.
Cittadella Administration Office
- Organisation of cultural events
- Logistical support for cultural events
- Publicity to cultural events
- Detailed Cultural Calendar of events on Gozo
- Venues for exhibitions and activities of a cultural nature
- Services offered by the Department of Information Section in Gozo – DOI Publications
This unit is responsible for the restoration, rehabilitation, maintenance and conservation interventions on heritage sites under the remit of the Ministry for Gozo, niches, statues and monuments from all around Gozo and Comino. The abseilors monitor and restore the walls of the Cittadella and the northern cliff-face, together with the masonry revetments that seal off and plug-in various caves and recesses.